Thursday 18 April 2013

A Big Shout Out

Those of you who follow my blog will know that I recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the publication of my autobiography. Unfortunately, my project 'Art, Life and Everything' did not reach its goal and, because funding on Kickstarter is all or nothing, all pledges have been automatically cancelled. The target was extremely high and proved impossible to achieve in such a short period of time.

But this experience of fund raising has certainly been a learning process for me - I only wish my project had been successful. It has shown me that crowd-funding for creative projects is now a real alternative to institutional backing and is an interesting way to work collaboratively within the community. Crowd funding does, however, rely upon an extensive network of people, and I am well aware that my network is far too small to sustain such an ambitious project. But I'm extremely grateful to many people for their support and advice throughout the campaign...

As a gesture of thanks to those who backed my campaign (and there were others who offered their help in other ways) here's a big shout out to you all: Ann Weston, Andre Wallace, Anna McNay, Ariadne Radi Cor, Bob Nightingale, Carla Stellweg, Cathy Wren, Colin Thubron, Clare Walsh, David Nissan, Deborah Thomas, Dread Scott, Elke Solomon, Gary Randall, Geoff, Georgina Turner, Hester Esquanazi, Ines Amado, Jeanette, Julia Lancaster, Kathy, Lotta Hammer, Louise Cattrell, Malcolm Stow, Mary Campbell, Melissa Ferber, Pauline Barrie, Peter Abrahams, Rebecca Fortnum, Richard Ducker, Rita Harris, Sarindar Dhaliwal and Simon Morley.

I haven't given up on getting the book published - and in any case have much editing to do before it is actually ready - so will now start looking at alternatives. Stay tuned!

No comments: