Sunday 1 June 2014

Contemporary British Painting

I have recently been invited to join Contemporary British Painting, a new platform for contemporary painting in the UK, and I'm delighted to be part of this. They aim to highlight work produced by a group of selected painters practicing in Britain today.

I'll be adding a page to their website next spring, and later this year (30 Nov-31 Dec 2014) I will be part of one of their group shows at The Crypt, St Marylebone Church, Marylebone Road, London NW1 where they are curating a series of exhibitions.

In November 2015, I will have a solo show of my paintings at St Marylebone Crypt and will also be part of several group exhibitions they are curating in the UK and USA in galleries and museums.

This is a great opportunity to expand my network and get more people to know about my work, and I am sure the group will go from strength to strength as it grows.

It's extremely important as an artist to interact with other artists at the risk of becoming too reclusive within one's own practice and studio group, so I'm interested to see how things will develop from here. 

No comments: