Wednesday 10 September 2014

Deutsche Bank

As well as having my paintings purchased by private collectors, my work is also part of several public collections and that's what I'm writing about today.

New collectors of my work this year include Madison Museum of Fine Art in the USA and Swindon Museum in the UK. I have just started to have my work acquired by museums and I'm delighted to be part of their permanent collections. I've posted pictures of these paintings in earlier blogs.

Perhaps the best known of my corporate collectors is Deutsche Bank who have an extremely strong collection of works by artists including Gerhard Richter (one of my favourite painters). I am very proud to be part of their London collection.

Here are two of the paintings which were purchased by Deutsche Bank some years ago:

© Julie Umerle


© Julie Umerle


It's so interesting after you finish a painting to discover where the work ends up and to know who sees it. Many of my works have found homes in the most extraordinary places and I am always happy to hear from people who contact me after seeing the paintings, often many years after they've left the studio.


No comments: