Tuesday 12 April 2016

Art Bermondsey Project Space


Finally, it is time to start making firm plans for my forthcoming solo exhibition 'Rewind' at Art Bermondsey Project Space in London. 31 August - 10 September 2016. This exhibition is funded by Arts Council England. I received a Grants for the Arts award from them last year for a period of research and development in my work and I am very excited about this, the last stage of my project - showing the paintings.

A meeting this morning at the gallery with the gallery manager, Serenella, makes it all seem very real. I shall be updating everyone through my blog over the course of the next few months in the lead up to the show. I hope to see some of you there at the exhibition.

Please save the date and put it in your diary: the exhibition opens Wednesday 31 August with a private view in September. Contact the gallery for details if you would like to attend the private view.

I will be reading from the manuscript of my memoir 'Art Life and Everything' at an event chaired by Anna McNay on Saturday September 3rd, and there will also be one or two educational events in the gallery, including a tour of the exhibition led by artist and educator, Louise Cattrell (BSL enabled), organised by Shape Arts.

A catalogue will be published to accompany the exhibition including an essay about my work by Anna McNay.

Much is still in the planning, but the work is more or less ready so that is one less worry!


No comments: