Wednesday 6 December 2017

2017: A look back and a look forward

Now we're reaching the end of 2017, I thought it would be timely to post a couple of paintings I made this year which will be exhibited in 2018. So far, this series of new canvases entitled 'Split Infinity' has only been seen by visitors to my London studio. I am very happy now to be able to share these paintings with you.

It's been a tremendous year professionally for me, with a touring show of China and being selected for the APT Open Exhibition in London as just a couple of its highlights.

I'm looking forward to 2018 when I will be continuing my role as artist in residence at The Marriott Canary Wharf. My first group show of the season, Beyond the Surface, is planned for the end of March at The Crypt, St Marylebone Parish Church in London.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year! Thank you as always for following me and I very much appreciate your support!

'Split Infinity'. 2017. 152 x 152 cm. Acrylic on canvas
© Julie Umerle

'Split Infinity II'. 2017. 152 x 152 cm. Acrylic on canvas
© Julie Umerle




No comments: