Saturday 25 February 2012

February

So it's been a hectic start to the year with three group shows opening in January... but it's February, the sun is shining and all is well with the world. Hope the spring will bring good things for all of us.

I've completed two small paintings so far this year, and now I have four big stretchers that I need to prepare. Next week I'll go to the art shop and buy several metres of cotton duck and primer, then I'll stretch the canvases and get them ready to work on. Always exciting at the beginning of a project, wondering whether these will be the paintings I hope they will be. Such high hopes at this stage...

As well as my studio practice, I am still busily editing my book, and I am sure that soon you will be able to see the fruits of my labour!

There are some interesting exhibitions in London this spring:  the Lucian Freud show at National Portrait Gallery, Jeremy Deller's show at the Hayward Gallery and the forthcoming Gillian Wearing exhibition at The Whitechapel are three that will be at the top of my list. Do let me know if there are any others I should look out for.

                                   

No comments: