Tuesday 23 October 2012

Update

Can't believe a month has passed since I last posted on my blog, so it's definitely time for an update. Busy working in my studio, so I've not much to tell you apart from about my work. But I always promised myself that I would never apologise for lack of content (either in my paintings or in my blog).

Painting is going well. Still not quite sure where it's going, but that's sometimes a good thing!

Last month, I went to the paint store and bought a roll of canvas, so if the painting I'm currently working on doesn't end up being that good, and I get disgusted with my efforts - then I can just take the painting off the stretcher and start again. I'm in no hurry to achieve results. Just want to enjoy the process. I think I'm making progress.

Also, I just completed a work on paper that's the second in a series called 'Permafrost'. I made the first painting nearly ten years ago when I was in New York and finally got round to making another as a sister piece, all this time later. I may add to the series when I've done more research, as I like to have several strands of my practice evolving at the same time.

So far, so good. I feel like I'm making up for ground lost over the summer. Now if I can only keep up the pace till the end of the year, then I'll be happy.


No comments: