Wednesday 22 June 2011

Summer in the City

This is my first summer in the studio for four years! The last three years, I have had to sublet over the summer months. So wonderful to be able to throw open the windows in the studio on a fine day.

This year I have been making a couple of series of works on paper. New images from the Strata series are on my website and I've posted one here to show you. I have also completed five paintings on linen. Funny, it doesn't seem I have been that productive, but actually I am quite happy with how things are going in 2011.

I have a group exhibition coming up in London at the beginning of September where I'll be showing two pieces of work - memo to self: have to go to the framers next week to get these framed for the exhibition. Busy, busy...

©Julie Umerle. All rights reserved.




No comments: